We’re soliciting mashups of up to three minutes in length, centered on three themes (up to one submission per person, per category): Ambiance, Election Season, and/or Voices. You can find the sets here: http://soundcloud.com/popuparchive/sets. If we pick you as a winner, you could find yourself on the receiving end of a free SoundCloud account!
How it works:
2. Download any tracks you want to remix and get to work! At least 50% of audio materials must come from the clips in the Pop Up Archive mashup sets.
3. You can mix and match tracks between the sets, as long as the finished mashup is under three minutes in length and fits one of our three mashup themes.
4. We repeat: the time limit for submissions is three minutes. That’s 180 seconds.
5. Upload your track to SoundCloud and submit your entry by adding it to the Pop Up Archive Mashup Contest Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/pop-up-archive-mashup-contest-2012.
6. For extra points, once you’ve mixed your audio, illustrate it using the interactive storytelling tool Zeega, or Mozilla’s PopcornMaker. You can request the beta version of Zeega here: alpha.zeega.org/register/ and get direct access to PopcornMaker here: popcorn.webmaker.org. They play nice with SoundCloud audio! Just click the “Share” button under your SoundCloud track and use the “Link” provided as your media source for either editor. Then add timestamped maps, images, video, or just about anything else you’d like (PopcornMaker works best with Firefox, surprise surprise).
7. If you created an interactive piece using PopcornMaker or Zeega, submit it to us directly: popuparchive at gmail dot com. Feel free to link to it in the description of your audio track on SoundCloud, as well. Here’s an example:
8. Proper Creative Commons licensing is required. Attribute yourself by name and indicate which non-commercial Creative Commons license you have chosen for your mashup.
9. Your submission must also include attribution (with hyperlinks) for the material you have remixed from the Pop Up Archive mashup sets. You should do this in the description field when you upload your track to SoundCloud.
10. All material from outside the Pop Up Archive mashup sets must be original, or used under a CC license.